The key to any marketing effort, including the creation of a personalised loyalty programme, is collecting data from all your sources within a single platform. Then, unifying them around customer profiles so that you can manage and run your programme afterwards.
At the data collection level, a CDP like Scal-e, with its integrated loyalty management module, allows data to be reconciled with multiple keys, to create constellation data models with as many objects as desired. The CDP facilitates the administration and use of the data (in targeting, personalisation, export, etc.).
After collecting data and building your segments, as explained in our article “How to segment customers for a customised loyalty programme“, the second step is to set up your loyalty programme and deploy it using Scal-e’s integrated loyalty module.
How to set up a loyalty programme.
To set up your loyalty programme, you need to:
- Imagine how it will work, its structure and choose the specific criteria and privileges you wish to collect (points, status, total spend, opinions, etc.)
- Set out your objectives and the KPIs to be monitored in order to measure the impact of your programme on your customers and different segments
- Build and set up your loyalty programme, taking into account the rules and conditions for awarding points and benefits.
- Create the first variables that will enable you to activate your programme, by creating calculated values or aggregates for targeting, for example (date of last visit, first purchase, number of visits over one year, total spend over one year, etc.)
- Start running your programme with generic but personalised messages based on the customer data collected beforehand (welcome message, thank you after a first purchase, reminder for inactive customers, sending out reminders of the benefits of the programme, etc.)
- Monitor members’ activity according to the KPIs you have set out through standard or customised dashboards.
Once your loyalty programme is set up in your loyalty management solution and its first activities have been launched, you will be able to analyse the results from these activities and your members’ and segments’ reactions to your KPIs.
The Scal-e platform offers standard or customised dashboards that display members’ participation in the loyalty programme.
This enables you to develop and personalise your loyalty programme according to the results obtained.
Find out how to Customise your loyalty programme based on segmentation.
Scal-e is a CDP (Customer Data Platform) that enables you to connect several data streams (website, points of sale and others) in a single datamart. In this way, brands can access their data, such as unified customer profiles and real-time information, to get to know their customers better and respond to their needs at the right time, through the right channel. From the same platform, brands can also build their marketing strategy (audience builder, scripting, planning, loyalty and referral programme) and apply it without having to change software.